We know that the pandemic that has hit the nation has created concern for our economy here in Buena Vista and across the nation. We are here to help and happy to connect you to the appropriate point of contact at relevant agencies. We are confident the collaborative spirit among our region, businesses, educational institutions, and community partners is the foundation to endure the current challenging times and build a positive economic future for Buena Vista.
Navigate the links below for more information on the topics most relevant to you.
Connect with local, state, and national resources available for large and small businesses and non-profits.
Navigate through the multitude of resources available specific to providing emergency aid.
Explore the resources available to you as an employer.
Local and Regional Resources and Programs
- Shenandoah Valley Reopening Resource Guide – The Shenandoah Valley Partnership worked with our regional Chamber of Commerce and others across the region to create the attached resource guide for reopening.
- Virginia SBDC Recovery Resource Center –Use this process no matter what stage you are in to determine your next steps. This checklist is meant to help guide you through those important questions as you look to re-imagine your business and find success in the post-crisis world.
- Virginia OSHA COVID-19 Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan for Medium and Lower Exposure Workplaces Template – Prepared by the Blue Ridge Safety Association and Travis Vance, Fisher Phillips.
- “Blueprint for Getting Virginians Back to Work” An initiative to provide recommendations on operating in the current economic climate and how to return stronger than before. Click here for more information.
- Working From Home 101 – Everything You Need to Know
- Centers for Disease Control – Resources on how to protect yourself and employees.
- Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
- OSHA – Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Richmond Fed COVID-19 Analysis – The Richmond Fed is monitoring the spread and impact of COVID-19 and are continuously seeking ways to offer their support.
- SHRM COVID-19 Resources – News, updates and tools to safeguard your organization.
- PACT Business Pledge & Marketing - Rockbridge Regional Tourism is introducing a marketing initiative to help instill confidence in prospective travelers.
State And National Resources and Programs
- Chamber of Commerce serving Lexington, Rockbridge, and Buena Vista
- Main Street America
- Office of the Governor
- Congressman Ben Cline Coronavirus Updates
- Senator Mark Warner Coronavirus Updates
- Main Small Business Administration (SBA) page for a review of all programs >> www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- The Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act is a downloadable PDF from the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship outlining the:
Paycheck Protection Program Loans
Small Business Debt Relief Program
Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Emergency Economic Injury Grants
- Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Virginia Manufacturers Association
- New! Rebuild VA Small Business & Nonprofit Assistance Program - The Rebuild VA Grant Fund is a program to help small businesses and non-profits whose normal operations were disrupted by COVID-19, including restaurants, brick and mortar retail, exercise and fitness facilities, personal care and personal grooming services, entertainment and public amusement establishments, and campgrounds.
- New! HartBeat of Main Street Small Business Grant Program - Funds solutions that help small business owners respond and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, and also help to revitalize and strengthen older and historic downtown commercial districts. Grants of $5,000 to $15,000 will be awarded on a competitive and first-come, first-served basis. A minimum of 50 percent of grants will benefit diverse-owned businesses, as defined by the Small Business Administration as minority, woman, veteran, disabled, and/or LGBTQ-owned
- New! Lowe's - LISC Covid Rapid Relief & Resiliency Fund - MUST be submitted by MONDAY, AUGUST 3rd ,11:59 p.m. EST. Thanks to a $55 million significant commitment grant from Lowe’s partnering with LISC, small businesses can apply for emergency grant assistance desperately needed to stay afloat.
- Small Business & Supplier Diversity - range of loan and grant programs
- USDA Rural Development - The Department is making available up to $1 billion in loan guarantees to help rural businesses meet their working capital needs during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Small Business Administration - Includes the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL), SBA Express Bridge Loans, and SBA Debt Relief
- Staunton Creative Community Fund - COVID-19 Disaster Relief Loan Fund available to anyone in the Shenandoah Valley. You can access up to $5,000 at 0% interest.
- Historic Sites Emergency Grant
- Funds are provided by the Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation to historic sites or organizations who run historic sites (including, but not limited to, museums, historic societies, historic homes, and battlefield groups) in the greater Shenandoah Valley region.
- Just Transition Fund Rapid Response Grant Fund
- Virginia 30 Day Fund
- Many workers are affected. Here is an informative list of Frequently Asked Questions. PDF by Governor Northam
- The U.S. Chamber has released a comprehensive resource kit for businesses. View the kit here.
- SHRM Coronavirus Resources – Resources to help you prepare your workforce for the possibility of business closures, working from home, quarantines and other outcomes of a disease outbreak.
- Safety and Health Administration (OSHA's page on the Department of Labor website)
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Virginia Department of Health Situation Summary – The Virginia Department of Health is continually updating its resources to include the latest numbers and information relevant to COVID-19 in the Commonwealth including guidance.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief Treasury and IRS Issue Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Unemployment Benefits The Virginia Employment Commission has provided guidance on how to apply for unemployment benefits.\
- CARES ACT This document provides an overview to the federal aid package.
- Connect. Shop. Buy. – Marketing resource for Shenandoah Valley businesses. Business owners can join the business directory for free.
- Google’s Remote Work Hub
- GoToMeeting – Remote App for Meetings
- Shop Local Shenandoah Valley – Marketing resource for Shenandoah Valley businesses. Business owners can join the business directory for free.
- Skype – Remote App for Meetings
- Video Conference Tips – Watch this quick tutorial provided by SVP investor Appeal Production.
- Zoom – Remote App for Meetings
- #TheValleyStrong – Marketing resource for Shenandoah Valley businesses. Business owners can join the business directory for free.
- Virginia Wifi Hotspot Map
- Facebook for Business website has tips and resources to help small businesses deal with business interruptions such as the coronavirus pandemic/
- Google’s Help Center has suggestions for businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic, regarding updates to their business information on Google My Business.
- Learn about Google’s Remote Work hub, with tips about running online meetings, collaborating on documents remotely, and more.
- Content Marketing Institute (a personal favorite) Filled with articles and research on content development
- Marketing in Times of Uncertainty: Tips from Top Marketing Pros
Tourism Initiatives: Lexington, Buena Vista, and Rockbridge Regional Tourism is introducing a marketing initiative to help instill confidence in prospective travelers. In partnership with regional and jurisdictional organizations, we encourage hospitality businesses to participate in the PACT – Protecting All Citizens and Travelers. Those that join this initiative will receive a branded promotional toolkit (digital and physical), as well as online marketing. The program is completely free for businesses and is super quick and easy to join! See here for more information: https://lexingtonvirginia.com/articles/pact-partners.