Human Resources & Payroll Specialist
The City of Buena Vista is seeking an energetic individual to serve as the City’s Human Resources & Payroll Specialist. Employees are the core of City government. The Human Resources & Payroll Specialist handles the administrative aspects of City employment, seeking to enhance and develop the human capital of the organization. He/she performs onboarding and offboarding tasks and payroll, as well as advising and supporting managers in the full range of human resource functions. The Human Resource Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance. This position works on site full time at City Hall.
Starting salary range is $34,744 - $40, 268 depending on experience. The City offers a generous benefit package including excellent health insurance and Virginia Retirement System (VRS) participation. Position open until filled. To apply, submit a resume to Charles Clemmer, Director of Finance, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is March 17, 2021.
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Administer employee benefit plans including health insurance, retirement, etc.
- Prepares various local, state, and federal reports and payments related to employment
- Develop and update City human resource policies, procedures, and manuals
- Maintain records of organizational structure, role descriptions, and compensation and assist managers with periodic reviews
- Assist managers with recruitment and hiring of new staff
- Maintain personnel records
- Assist managers with periodic employee reviews and disciplinary actions and maintain appropriate records
- Other related administrative duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources/business preferred, or an Associate degree with related experience
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration
- Fluency with technology, including the ability to navigate and learn new systems
- Experience with payroll or accounting software preferred
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and disposition to represent the City
- Ability to set priorities, manage time, and work independently
- Dependability to perform essential tasks in specific timeframes, such as regular payroll
To apply, submit a resume to Charles Clemmer, Director of Finance, at email@example.com. Closing date is March 17, 2021
Buena Vista, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.