City of Buena Vista Administrative offices are closed due to winter weather. Essential departments will remain open.
The community is reminded to remain safe and stay home where possible. If able, please park vehicles in a way that will make plowing easier for both you and city staff.
Find additional safety tips below:
- During a winter storm, stay off the roads as much as possible and only drive when absolutely necessary. Always give snow plows the right of way.
- If you must travel, know road conditions before you leave home. Visit 511Virginia.org or call 511 for road condition updates
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove or gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal burning device inside your home, garage, basement, crawlspace or any other partially enclosed area.
- Snow shoveling is a known trigger for heart attacks! Always avoid overexertion when shoveling.
- When severe weather occurs, plan to check on elderly or disabled neighbors and relatives.
- Protect yourself from Frostbite! Hands, feet and face are the most commonly affected areas so wear a hat, mittens (which are warmer than gloves) and cover your mouth with a scarf to reduce heat loss.
- Keep dry! Change out of wet clothing frequently to prevent a loss of body heat.
- Wear several layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing rather than one layer or heavy clothing.